Online Appointment Scheduler
California's DMV offers appointments for many driving-related tasks. You can also schedule an appointment by calling (800) 777-0133. We recommend doing it online so that you don't have to wait on hold.
Common reasons to set an appointment include:
- Driving tests (non-commercial)
- Applying for a state ID card or learner's permit
- Obtaining a title or registration
- Getting license plates and stickers
- Applying for moving permits
- Having a salvage/junk vehicle inspection
The state's appointment FAQ page provides a complete list of tasks you may schedule. Just keep in mind that you may only schedule appointments up to 30 days in advance, and that same-day appointments are not available.
Scheduling More Than Three CA DMV Tasks?
If you're trying to schedule more than three DMV tasks, call (800) 777-0133 to set up the appointments. And, if you're trying to schedule a driving test other than a non-commercial class C or motorcycle test, you must call this number, too.